The Fire•Lite FCPS-24FS8(C/E) is a compact, cost-effective,
8-amp remote power supplies with battery charger. The
FCPS-24FS8C/E) may be connected to any 12 or 24 volt fire
alarm control panel (FACP) or may stand-alone. Primary applications
include notification appliance (bell) circuit (NAC)
expansion (to support ADA requirements and NAC synchronization)
or auxiliary power to support 24 volt system accessories.
The FCPS provides regulated and filtered 24 VDC power
to four notification appliance circuits configured as either two
Class B (Style Y) and Class A (Style Z, with ZNAC-4 option
module) or four class B only. Alternately, the four outputs may
be configured as any combination of resettable/non-resettable
power outputs (optimal for powering four-wire smoke detectors.
The FFCPS-24FS8(C/E) also contains a battery charger
capable of charging up to 18.0 Amp hour batteries. FCPS-
24FS8C/E) is ULC-listed.
• UL-Listed Notification Appliance Circuit (NAC) synchronization using System Sensor, Wheelock, or Gentex
• Operates as a “sync-follower” or as a “sync-generator” (default). See note on page 2.
• Contains two fully-isolated input/control circuits - triggered from FACP NAC (NAC expander mode) or jumped permanently “ON” (stand-alone mode).
• Two Class B (Style Y) or Class A (Style Z, with ZNAC-4 module) NACs (circuits 1 & 3)
• 8-amp full load output, with 3 amps maximum/circuit, in NAC expander mode (UL 864).
• 6-amp continuous output in stand-alone mode (UL 1481).
• Compatible with coded inputs; signals passed through.
• Optional power-supervision relay (EOLR-1).
• In stand-alone mode, output power circuits may be configured as: resettable, (reset line from FACP required), non-resettable, or a mix of two and two.
• Fully regulated and filtered power output - optimal for powering four-wire smoke detectors, annunciators, and other system peripherals requiring regulated/filtered power.
• Power-limiting technology meets UL power-limiting requirements.
• Form-C normally-closed trouble relay.
• Fully supervised power supply, battery, and NACs.
• Selectable earth fault detection.
• AC trouble report selectable for immediate 2-hour delay.
• Works with virtually any UL 864 fire alarm control which utilizes an industry-standard reverse-polarity notification circuit (including unfiltered and unregulated bell power).
• Requires input trigger voltage of 9 - 32 VDC.
• Self-contained in compact, locking cabinet - 15”H x 14.5”W x 2.75”D (cm: 38.1H x 36.83W x 6.985D).
Primary (AC) Power:
• FCPS-24FS8: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 3.2A maximum.
• FCPS-24FS8/E: 240 VAC, 50 Hz, 1.6A maximum.
• Wire Size: minimum #14 AWG (2.0mm2) with 600 V insulation.
Control Input Circuit:
• Trigger Input Voltage: 9 to 32 VDC.
• Trigger Current: 2.0 mA (16 - 32 V); Per Input: 1.0 mA (9 - 16 V).
Trouble Contact Rating: 5 A at 24 VDC.
Auxiliary Power Output: Specific application power 500 mA maximum.
• +24 VDC filtered, regulated.
• 3.0 A maximum for any one circuit.
• Total continuous current for all outputs (stand-alone mode):
– FCPS-24FS8: 6.0 A maximum.
• Total short-term current for all outputs (NAC expander mode):
– FCPS-24FS8: 8.0 A maximum.