- · The RS485 Interface Module is used in the FACP to provide a communications interface for the following:
1. A Graphics PC System
2. A Panel Network System
3. A Peripheral Device Data Bus
4. Peripheral Pager Interface
- · The module is compatible with both the ZXa (2-Loop) and ZXe (5-Loop) Fire Alarm Control Panels.
- · The module provides optical (galvanic) isolation for the serial input/output channel to which the module is installed. It translates the signal levels of this channel to the RS485 Communications Interface Standard levels.
- · Using a shielded twisted pair cable, with a cross sectional area of 0.5mm, the interface will support cable lengths of up to 1.5 km. Refer to the FACP Installation Manual for further information on recommended cables.
- · Several 485 cards can be plugged into a single control panel. Refer to the FACP Installation and Commissioning
Manuals for further details on the ports available.
Dimensions 54mm x 90mm x 25mm
Supply Voltage (D.C. Input supply to
base Card) 18 to 33V
Current Consumption 25mA
Panel Software Compatibility (Version) Backward compatible