The Remote Repeater provides an extension to the operation of the Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP). Both types of Repeater show (repeat) the operational state of the FACP using the 2x40 LCD and the LED indicators.
• The ZXr-P Passive Repeater will only show (repeat) the operational state of the FACP.
• The ZXr-A Active Repeater will show (repeat) the operational state of the FACP and can control the FACP using the SOUND ALARMS, SILENCE / RESOUND, MUTE BUZZER, ACCEPT and SYSTEM RESET functions.
• The Repeaters are connected to the FACP via the Peripheral Bus RS485 data link. The FACP supervises the ZXr-A Active Repeater. A Fault will be indicated, at the FACP, if communications is lost with the Repeater.
• The ZXr-A / ZXr-P Repeaters are compatible with the ZX1e, ZX2e, ZX5e and older ZX Range of Fire Alarm Control Panels1.
• An optional Bezel Kit, containing back box and bezel, is available for pre-installation (P/N 002-600-002).
• The ZXr-A has in-built self-test functions that can be invoked using the buttons. The LCD contrast can be adjusted on both repeaters.
Construction Mild steel sheet enclosure with 3 mounting holes, 5 x 20mm knockouts in top and 3 x 20mm knockouts in rear wall. All displays and controls are carried on the enclosure door.
Dimensions 165.0mm (h) x 253.5mm (w) x 50.0mm (d)
Weight 1.7kg approx.
Terminals External connections are made using screw terminals capable of accepting cable sizes between 0.5mm2to 2.5mm 2 (14-22AWG).
Climatic Classification 3K5, (IEC 721-2-3)
Operating Temperature -5°C to +45°C (recommended +5°C to +35°C)
Humidity 5% to 95% R.H. non condensing
Height above sea level 2000m
Panel Sealing IP30 (EN60529)
Vibration EN60068-2-6, 10-150Hz at 0.981ms -2(meets the requirements of EN54-2/4)
EMC Emissions: EN50081-1. Immunity: EN50130-4
Operating Voltage 18-32V dc
Quiescent Current 60mA @ 24V (Backlight off)
Alarm Current 90mA @ 24V (Backlight on), 100mA @ 18V
Maximum Fault Current Absolute maximum = 600mA.
Resetting thermal fuse . nominal 250mA.
Communications RS485 2-wire serial communications link
Address Range 0, 1-126 (0 is unmonitored)
Controls and Indications
Display 2 x 40 character liquid crystal display (LCD) with back light illumination
Status Indicators LED Indicators for FIRE, FAULT, DISABLEMENT, ACCEPTED, SILENCED, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE and POWER.
Push Buttons Control keys for RESET, MUTE BUZZER, ACCEPT, TEST, SOUND ALARMS and SILENCE / RESOUND.