The RS485 fibre optic interface can be used for point to
point communication between equipment provided
with RS485 interfaces. Fibre optic cable is completely
immune to external interference, which makes this unit
ideal for harsh industrial environments. Another reason
may be the need for a high level of security as fibre
optic cable is very hard to tap. The fibre optic interface
can handle data rates up to 1.5 Mbit/s and is available
for use with multi-mode fibre optic cable.
• Withstands harsh environments with severe interference.
• RS485 interface.
• Galvanic isolation.
• Protects connected units from lightning/ transients.
• Suitable for multi-mode fibre.
• Very low time delay through units.
• Ideal for connecting equipment with different earth potentials.
• Guarantees reliable long-distance communications.
Mounting : Suitable for 35 mm DINrail mounting.
Dimensions (mm) : 55 (W) x 100 (H) x 128 (D)
Weight : 0.3 kg.
Interface 1 : EIA RS485, ITU-T V.11,
5-position screw block. Interface 2 : Fibre optic,
2 ST- connectors.
Power supply : 24 V DC +50%/-50%
Power consumption : 125 mA
Fuse, F2 : 1.6 AF, 5 x 20 mm,
Transmission : Asynchronous, full/half duplex or simplex
Transmission rate : Up to 1.5 Mbit/s
Indicators : Power, TD, RD
Transient protection to line : Yes
Isolation RMS power supply : 1,500 V