The RS485 fibre optic cable interface can be used for
point to point communication between the Morley-IAS
“ZX” range of fire alarm control panels and peripheral equipment utilising existing RS485 communications.
Fibre optic cable is completely immune to external
interference, which makes this unit ideal for use with
Morley-IAS control equipment when installed in harsh
industrial environments or where the distances between
the control equipment need to be extended.
The RS485 fibre optic cable interface is particularly
useful when networking the “ZX” range of control
panels. Often the inter-connecting network cable is
installed in cable ducts with other services where noise
suppression cannot be guaranteed. The use of fibre
optic cable as opposed to conventional copper cables
will significantly increase the integrity of the network.
• Withstands harsh environments with severe interference
• RS485 interface
• Galvanic isolation
• Protects connected units from lightning/ transients
• Suitable for multi-mode fibre
• Very low time delay through units
• Ideal for connecting equipment with different earth potentials
• Guarantees reliable long-distance communications