The 4-way programmable sounder card is a compact
remote I/O device for the ZX series intelligent multi
protocol fire alarm control panels. This device, along
with other remote I/O devices, the repeater units and
the external printer provide a complete range of
peripheral devices to further enhance the functionality
and expandability of the ZX series systems.
The 4-way sounder card consists of 4 supervised
sounder outputs built on a single printed circuit board.
Each sounder output provides a supervised 24Vdc
polarity reversal circuit. This output can be used to
drive bells, electronic sounders and strobes. Each
output circuit can provide up to 1A with a maximum
of 3A spread over all four outputs.
• Provides four individually programmable sounder outputs
• Compatible with ZX series intelligent multi protocol fire alarm control panels
• RS485 communication
• Connects to the peripheral bus (port D) on the fire alarm control panel
• Up to 15 on one peripheral bus
• Easy dip switch addressing
• Delayed or double-knock operation options
• Fault input for external power supply monitoring
• LED sounder status indication
Dimensions (HxWxD): 125 x 190 x 50 mm
Weight: 230 gr. (8 oz)
Operating temperature: 0°C to 49°C
Humidity: 10% to 93%
Operating voltage: 24 to 28 Vdc
(typical at 24Vdc):
Stand by: 120mA (all outputs off)
Alarm: 220mA + sounder load (all four outputs on) Addressing: DIP switch (1-15) Terminals: Maximum cable cross sectional area 2.5 mm2 (13 AWG) removable block.
Peripheral bus: Maximum bus length: 1,200m (3937 ft) 150 Ohm end-of-line resistors at both ends of the RS485 circuit.
Note: Recommended cable: Belden 8760 or equivalent fire rated cable. Output circuits: 2K2 Ohm. End-of-line resistor required for supervision.