The 4-way programmable relay card is a compact remote
I/O device for the ZX series intelligent multi protocol
fire alarm control panels. This device, along with other
remote I/O devices, the repeater units and the external
printer provide a compllete range or peripheral devices
to further enhance the functionality and expandability
of the ZX series systems.
The 4-way relay card consists of 4 relay outputs built on
a single printed circuit board. Each output relay
provides single pole double throw (SPDT) switching
action for other locally powered equipment. The form
C relay contacts are designed to switch resistive loads of
up to 1A/24V ac/dc.
The 4-way relay card connects to the ZX series control
panels via the RS485 peripheral port (Port D). An RS485
communication card must be fitted in the ZX series
control panel for that purpose.
• Provides four individually programmable relay outputs
• Compatible with ZX series intelligent multi protocol fire alarm control panels
• RS485 communication
• Connects to the peripheral bus (Port D) on the fire alarm panel
• Up to 31 on one peripheral bus
• Easy DIP switch addressing
• Normal, delayed or double-knock operation options
• LED relay status indication
• Contact rating: 1A at 24V AC/DC
Dimensions (HxWxD): 130 x 180 x 35 mm
Weight: 200 gr. (7 oz)
Operating temperature: 0°C to 49°C
Humidity: 10% to 93% non-condensing
Operating voltage: 24 to 28 Vdc
Stand-by: 80mA (no relay energised)
Alarm: 200mA (all four relays energised)
Relay contact rating: 1A at 24 Vac/dc
Addressing: DIP switch (1-31)
Terminals: Maximum cable cross sectional area 2.5 mm2 (13AWG) removable block.
Peripheral bus: Maximum bus length: 1,200m. (3937 ft)
Recommended cable: Belden 8760 or equivalent twisted shielded pair.
Note: 150 Ohm end-of-line resistors required at both ends of the RS485 circuit.