The Morley-IAS MI-PSE (optical) and MI-ISE (ionisation)
are analogue, addressable, low-profile smoke detectors
designed for the ZX series intelligent multi protocol fire
alarm control panels.
Because the MI-PSE and MI-ISE are analogue
addressable, the control panel can provide the operator
with a pinpoint description of where the fire is located.
The control panel is capable of not only knowing the
detector’s location but exactly how much smoke is in
the chamber of the detector.
The detector may be set for different sensitivity
settings appropriate to the environment of its
The MI-ISE intelligent ionisation sensor
incorporates a unique single-source chamber
designed to respond quickly and dependably to a
broad range of fires.
The MI-PSE intelligent optical sensor’s unique
sensing chamber is designed with superior signal
to noise ratio. The optical chamber is engineered
to sense the presence of smoke produced by a
wide range of combustion sources.
The MI-ISE and MI-PSE plug-in detectors use a
separate base to simplify installation, service, and
maintenance. A special tool allows maintenance
personnel to plug in and remove detectors
without using a ladder.
• Low-profile design
• Common base for optical, ionisation and thermal sensors
• Addressable-analogue communication
• Stable communication technique with noise immunity
• Low stand-by current
• Rotary decade 01 to 99 address switches
• Remote LED output as standard
• Dual LED design provides 360° viewing angle
• Visible LED’s blink every time the detector is addressed (optional), and illuminate steady on alarm
• Built-in functional test switch activated by external magnet
• Optional relay, isolator, or sounder bases
• LPCB approved
Dimensions (Height): 43 mm (installed in B501)
102 mm diameter
Weight: 104 gr. (4 oz)
Operating temperature: - 10°C to 60°C
Relative humidity: 10% to 93%
Operating voltage: 15 to 32 Vdc peak
Stand by current: 200 μA @ 24 Vdc
LED current: 7 mA @ 24 Vdc (“ON”)
Terminals: SEMS screws with
clamping plates for up to
2.5 mm2 (13 AWG) wire